Skip to content
Graduated Ph.D. Students
- Raghu Venkataraman (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Fault-Tolerant Flight Control Using One Aerodynamic Control Surface, June, 2018.
- Aditya Kotikalpudi (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Robust Flutter Analysis for Aeroservoelastic Systems, April, 2017.
- Masanori Honda (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Temperature Dependent Robust Control of Hard Disk Drives Using Parameter Varying Techniques, October 2016.
- Shu Wang (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Robust LPV Control for Wind Turbines, July 2016.
- Bin Hu (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, A Robust Control Perspective on Optimization of Strongly-Convex Functions, July 2016.
- Jen Annoni (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Modeling for Wind Farm Control, May 2016.
MS Thesis, Modeling for Wind Farm Control, May 2014.
- David Escobar Sanabria, Co-advised with Roger Arndt and Gary Balas
Ph.D. Thesis, Modeling, Robust Control, and Experimental Validation of a Supercavitating Vehicle, June 2015.
- Dongwon Lim, Co-advised with Sue Mantell
Ph.D. Thesis, Development of Self-Powered Wireless Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) for Wind Turbine Blades, January 2015.
- Paul Freeman, Co-advised with Gary Balas (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Reliability Assessment for Low-cost Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, November 2014.
MS Thesis, Robust, model-based fault detection for commercial transport air data probes, November 2011.
- Andrei Dorobantu, Co-advised with Gary Balas (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Test Platforms for Model-Based Flight Research, September 2013.
MS Thesis, Time Delay Margin Analysis for Adaptive Flight Control Laws, December 2010.
- Ahmet Arda Ozdemir, Co-advised with Gary Balas (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Preview Control for Wind Turbines, August 2013.
MS Thesis, Effects of Disturbance Augmented Control Design for Wind Turbines, November 2010.
- Abhijit Chakraborty, Co-advised with Gary Balas (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Nonlinear Robustness Analysis Tools for Flight Control Law Validation & Verification, September 2012.
- Tim Wheeler, Co-advised with Andrew Packard at the University of California, Berkeley (Publications)
Ph.D. Thesis, Probabilistic Performance Analysis of Fault Diagnosis Schemes, Fall 2011.
Graduated M.S. Students
- Sally Ann Keyes (Publications)
MS Thesis, A Newtonian Development of the Mean-Axis Dynamics with Example and Simulation, May 2017.
- Inchara Lakshminarayan
MS Thesis, Model-based Fault Detection for Low-cost UAV Actuators, September 2016.
- Adrià Serra Moral
MS Thesis, Flutter Suppression of a Flexible Flying-Wing UAV Using the Leading Edge Stagnation Point Sensor, September 2016.
- Raghu Venkataraman (Publications)
MS Thesis, Reliability Assessment of Actuator Architectures for Unmanned Aircraft, May 2015.
- Daniel Showers
MS Thesis, System Identification for the Clipper Liberty C96 Wind Turbine, June 2014.
- Janos Polgar, Co-advised with Gary Balas
MS Thesis, Confidence metrics analysis of a fixed-wing UAV, December 2013.
- Will Thorson
MS Thesis: Design and Implementation of a Control System for the Mesabi V27 Wind Turbine, May 2013.
Past Visitors and Post-doctoral Researchers
Past Undergraduate Students
- Apurva Badithela, Actuator Modeling for Low-cost Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Summer 2015 – Spring 2018 (UROP); Convergence Rate Analysis for the Heavy Ball Algorithm, Summer 2018.
- Joseph Habeck, Rate Table Gyro for Moment of Inertia Testing, Fall 2015 – Spring 2017 (UROP)
- Katherine Wilson, Model predictive control of a quadcopter, Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 (EE Honors Thesis)
- Lindsay Taylor, Design of a small scale turbine, Fall 2015- Spring 2017 (NSF REU)
- Katherine Glasheen, Design of a small scale turbine, Spring 2015- Spring 2016 (UROP and NSF REU)
- Thomas Georgiou, Control of multiple turbines, Spring 2014- Spring 2015 (UROP)
- Erik Bergquist, Build and flight tests of reliable UAV, Summer 2014-Fall 2015
- Kieran McCabe, UAV Bus Architectures, Summer 2013-Spring 2014
- Caleb Carlson, Turbine Yaw Control, Spring 2012-Spring 2013 (UROP)
- Ryan Carlson, UAV Actuator Modeling, Fall 2012-Spring 2013 (UROP)
- Brian Comiskey, UAV Dynamometer Development, Spring 2013